What is Bookling’s Crate
Bookling’s Crate is a monthly book subscription box that delivers a top notch Young Adult Fantasy Book along with some very quirky bookish goodies every month at your doorstep.
What does the box contain
Every box contains one or two books or more as per the plan chosen plus lot of quirky bookish merchandise related to books, designer items and much more. We tie up with many small scale businesses to bring you some of great goodies at very affordable prices.
What types of books can I expect?
In India paperback being common, we provide paperback copies of the books and sometimes hardback covers. Our team spends lot of time reading the early manuscripts of books, so that we can provide you some of the best books.
Books included in the box are newly released (within 30-90 days of release), So the chances of our subscribers owning such books are very slim.
We select a wide variety of different stories and genres. Genres included are high fantasy, steampunk, dystopian, science fiction, romance, fairy tale retelling, and more!
Who can subscribe to Our Crate?
If you are a reader, who likes to collect books or love reading OR who loves to collect quirky, awesome goodies then yes the box is for you.
The age group is anywhere between 14 – 65. We also recommend you to inculcate reading habit in teenagers and giving them this subscription, as this will be a great start to their reading hobby.
How is a Box curated?
The box is curated by Uthara (found member of The Bookling’s Crate team). Uthara spends lots of time researching the upcoming books based on the popularity, and readers review about the authors. We also read many ARC’s (Advanced Readers Copy) received from the publishers so that we can bring some of the great books to you. Once the book is decided, we decide the goodies based on the theme of the box. We tie up with many SSIs, who customize products for us.
Pricing & Billing
How to purchase your plan or any other product?
That is very simple.
Go to Shop > Choose Your Subscription Plan / Product > Checkout > Fill in your billing / shipping details > Make the payment and you are done! You will be notified from email@example.com for the Order. Make sure to check the SPAM mail as well as some of our emails do land in your SPAM folder.
You can register on our site or do a guest checkout directly. Registering on our site gives you added benefit of tracking the order in the system.
How much does the box cost?
We have different plans for different set of customers
- Premium Box -Rs. 1599/-
- Pocket Friendly Box – Rs. 995/-
- Half ticket Box – Rs. 595/-
You pay for your plans upfront at the time of booking the order.
For Premium Box and Pocket Friendly Box, we have plans for two, three and six months respectively as well. Checkout ‘Higher Plans’ section to know more.
My payment was successful. What next?
Thanks for subscribing the box. You will receive our invoice to your email address mentioned as our confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your product will be shipped basis the plan mentioned. Usually we send our subscription boxes around end of the month. Once we ship the product, our shipping partner will notify you over SMS and Email on your shipment status till the time of delivery.
Payment was unsuccessful, but money has been debited from my account!
Relax! Your money is safe. This can happen due to technical reasons anywhere in the payment chain (which is from your bank to my bank).
Wait for 12 hours to see whether your order status is getting updated or not. If your order status is coming cancelled, it means that your bank did not send the money to us. In this case your money will be credited back to your account by your bank in 4-7 working days time.
If your bank sends the money to my bank, then automatically the order status will be updated to ‘Processing‘ and you will be get an email from email@example.com confirming your order.
Do you accept Cash On Delivery payment option?
As of now, No.
We only accept prepaid orders.
What type of payment do you accept?
We accept online payments via Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, UPI and PayTm. You can choose your payment at the time of booking the box.
What is our Refund/Return Policy?
– We do not offer refunds if you receive a book/item that you aren’t interested in. We hope you have a friend whom you can gift the item to! Keep an eye on our social media accounts, as well as our newsletter, where we always announce upcoming themes and give hints as to what you can expect from each box. This way you can decide whether or not to buy the box.
-We do not accept returns, regardless of whether the box has been opened or not, once it is delivered to you
-If you receive a damaged item, please send us a photo of the damage to firstname.lastname@example.org within two days time and we will be happy to ship you a replacement!
-If you have subscribed for two or more than two months plan and you wish to cancel, kindly drop us a mail at email@example.com.
– The below steps will be followed in calculating the non-utilized amount to be refunded to your account
- The number of past boxes sent to you and the plan in which it falls will be considered as the utilized amount. For example, you have subscribed for 3 months plan on Jan’18 for Rs. 2937. You received Jan box and now wish to cancel for Feb and March boxes. Then your utilized amount will be the one month subscription plan amount (current plan amount will be considered). In case in the above example, you wish to cancel the March box, then your utilized amount will be the two month subscription plan amount (current plan amount will be considered) as you received Jan and Feb month boxes.
- If we have processed and shipped your next Month’s box, that box will be considered as being subscribed and taken in the above point
- There would be a cancellation charges of Rs. 100/-, Rs. 150/- and Rs. 200/- for Half Ticket, Pocket Friendly and Premium box respectively per box
- Reverse shipping charges, if any, will also be considered
- The refund amount would be calculated based on the difference in the amount you paid versus the amount derived from above 1-4 points and the bank charges for the transfer, if any.
When do we ship the box?
We will be shipping boxes between 20th to 30th of every month. Boxes are shipped in batches. Priority shipping boxes are shipped first.
How long does it take for box to get delivered?
It usually takes around 1-8 working days for the box to get delivered. Early delivery is also possible, as the speed of delivery lies in the hands of our Courier partner.
Late delivery more than 8 days can also happen due to logistics challenges, country/state political challenges, or due to any natural calamities
Which courier partners have we tied up with?
We have partnered with multiple courier partners including Fedex, Aramex and Delivery to service a large number of pincodes all over India. We will be sending boxes via the best Courier partner servicing for that particular pincode. In case of non delivery using any of the courier partners, we will be shipping it via India Post Parcel Service.
Are there any email/sms notifications sent, once the boxes are shipped?
Yes, the Courier partner will send out the Tracking number details over email and sms. You can then track your order from the Courier partner’s website. Certain courier partners will also send out SMS at the time of ‘Out of Delivery’.
For any India Post Registered Parcel couriers, tracking details will be sent individually by us over the email address provide. You will have to track it manually.
What is Reverse Shipping?
Courier partner will make maximum 2 reattempts for delivery at your given address, if at the first attempt the courier was not delivered to you. If in case after 2 attempts, the courier is still undelivered, the courier will be kept at the nearest Courier Partner’s office for a period of 3-5 working days, after which it gets returned back to us.
For sending us back, they charge us anywhere between Rs. 150/- to Rs. 300/- which will need to be borne by the customer. Plus additional shipping charges if any for reshipping it back to you.
Hence plan your day accordingly so that you get your box delivered at your address for a hassle free experience. Also make sure you phone is switched on and you accept calls from all callers that day.
Priority shipping v/s Free shipping
If you have selected
- Priority Shipping – Your box will be shipped the very next day (or on that day when as we start sending boxes for that month) with our premium courier partner, who will deliver it to you within a working day or two (for metro cities) and within 2-4 working days (for non metro cities except North East and J&K. North East and J&K delivery usually takes around 2-5 working days by our Courier partner). The Priority shipping cost will be added to your total cart value.
- Free Shipping – Your box will be shipped in batches along with other boxes and the delivery can take anywhere between 3-8 working days. (North East and J&K – nominal charges will be added)
How do I login to the system?
You can log in to your account by clicking the “My Account” button on the page menu. We support social media account login (Facebook, Google) ONLY for a smoother and better experience.
What is Social Login and how does it help?
So, you must have come across the Social Login feature on our website. With this feature, you can directly create your account using any supported social media profiles (Facebook, Google). We will be able to identify your name and email address using your social profile.
We will be creating your account using your social profile details and you will have your own dashboard where you can
- See your orders purchased, current / past order status, order notes sent by us and even track shipping details
- See your social profiles linked to our website in “Edit Account” tab on My-Account screen
- See your present shipping / billing address and update them as necessary.
The real advantage in using your social profile login comes when you buy multiple times from our website. Being your details stored with us like your name / email and address details, system will auto-populate them during checkout thereby save your valuable time.